Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Where is the dessert?

Day 2: South Beach Diet.  Day 2 was a little easier for me and I do mean was, not is because right now, I'm obsessed with dessert. On the South Beach you live for your night time desserts.  You remember how Henry and I fought over the last bite of sugar free jello last night?  We did not fight over the last bite of our desserts tonight - as a matter of fact, I only ate a bite or two of mine and tried to pawn the rest off on him like I was making a big sacrifice.  He gave me the "I know you are up to something" look.  I never share my food - never.  It was a recipe from the South Beach book called Mocha Ricotta Creme'. I've had the Lemon Zest Ricotta Creme before and it wasn't half bad, but I figured with chocolate, it would be better - big mistake. I bought fat-free ricotta thinking it would be more beneficial that the part-skim that the recipe called for - the texture was weird, yucky and tasteless - won't be trying that again anytime soon.


But all in all, it was a good day.  I had a small piece of sausage, an egg, and some low-fat cheese for breakfast - then a Turkey sandwich made with a slice of turkey between two lettuce leaves for lunch (it's flimsy with no bread).  Then a delicious dinner.  Greek seasoned chicken breast sauteed in olive oil, lima beans and a green salad - yummy!


I know that all this talking about diet food is making everyone hungry - by now all of you are thinking of rushing to the grocery store to buy ricotta and jello. We've come a long way from the pies, cakes, cookies, brownies and M&M's from last week.

The lack of dessert has not curbed my appetite, but it has played havoc with my creativity. The words are not flowing, the brain is numb, I have no energy and my stomach is whispering to me "I think there's still an unopened bag of Christmas M&M's somewhere in the kitchen cabinet".  I'll avoid that cabinet, but I'm goin' in the kitchen to make some more jello so we'll have something to fight about tomorrow night.  I think I'll make peach.

....to be continued.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!