Sunday, March 24, 2013

Easter Recipes

This is simply an update on some of the Easter recipes that I used.  A blog author kindly let me know that one of the original photos and recipes were from her blog, so I revised it so as to not use her blog and recipe.  As I asked below in my original post, I always like to give credit where credit is due.

I keep seeing such wonderful recipes on Facebook that I want to pin to my Pinterest boards but I always get a message the Pinterest can’t pin directly from Facebook.   And Pinterest is how I keep up with all my recipes now.  Don’t you just love having an on-line recipe file?  No more sifting around in cookbooks or searching for those recipe cards – I love it!  This blog is about all the cool recipes I’ve found on Facebook over the last few weeks.  If I’m infringing on someone’s photo rights, please help me identify so I can give them credit. 
Here’s the first one…It's an Easter Bunny on wheels.  I made a  bunch of these for the children at our church for Easter Sunday.


It's pretty self explanatory by looking at the photo below.  It's way more time-consuming than it looks though - especially if you're make a bunch of them.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Next!

Butterfinger EZ as Pie
Ingredients
6 (2 1/8 ounce) butterfinger candy bars, crushed
1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 (12 ounce) cartons Cool Whip
1 graham cracker crust
Directions
Mix first three ingredients together.
Put it in pie crust.
Chill
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And next something I've made many times but with a new twist.  In the past I've simply bought an angel food cake already prepared and fixed one of these by taking dental floss and slicing the cake into thirds and putting layers of this yummy frosting on all layers.
Found at Kraft Recipes.com
 But now I buy the Angel Food Cake Mix by General Mills and make it in a 9 x 13" cake pan.  But a word of warning - don't go by the instructions on the box to bake up the mix.  Go by the directions below! I've substituted sugar-free ingredients when I can since my hubby has border-line diabetes. But it's all about portion control too!   Here's the recipe:

Angel Food Lush Cake
2 cans (20 oz) Crushed Pineapple in Juice, undrained
1 pkg (3.4 oz) Jell-o sugar free Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding Mix
1 cup thawed sugar free Cool Whip whipped topping
1 package Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake mix (do not follow box instructions - add only the crushed pineapple as instructed below).

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. With minimal mixing, combine one entire can of crushed pineapple with angel food cake mix. Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Cake should be lightly browned and center tested done when fully baked. Cool inverted.
Frosting Directions
Mix the first three ingredients together to top the cooled cake!  Delicious.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoy these recipes.  I'm making the Angel Food Lush for Easter dinner.  It's a family favorite in it's old form and I'm counting on everyone liking the new recipe even more.  You can never have too much pineapple!






Joining Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch

3 comments:

  1. these are the cutest sweetest little bunny racers, everyone is going to just love these, had to copy down that wonderful pie recipe, it looks delish..yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not a good thing to find in your reader first thing on a Monday morning Glenda! ;)

    I remember the very first computer we ever bought - my husband was trying to sell me the idea of a PC and I was a little reluctant ... "Just think" he said "You can store all your favourite recipes on it." "I have books" I said.

    "You can put all the things you have in the freezer and then when you come to cook dinner it will automatically link what you have with the recipes ..."

    "Wouldn't it be easier to just open the freezer?"

    In retrospect maybe he was saying he it was time for me to add a few more meals to repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Glenda. Pinterest is marvellous, isn't it, for ideas on all sorts of things. Loved all the photos today. Those little bunny racers are sooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!