Monday, July 4, 2011

IN EVERY SEASON, OUR FLAG FLIES PROUDLY

Click to enlarge picture.  This picture was made of our flagpole in the snow.  The tip-top of the flagpole has a big round ball.  Check out how the snow has piled up on the ball.  It seems that it should have slipped right off, doesn't it?
Happy Independence Day!  With our temperatures in the high 90's today, I thought everyone would enjoy a little "cooling off".  Just looking at this picture I took during a snowstorm in 2001 makes me shiver a little - even in all this heat.  I'm so very proud of our country - even during our economic woes, we still stand strong!  God Bless America!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 4th July, Glenda, to you and all your family. Hope you have a great day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane! Your post today was thoughtful - thinking of your bloggy friends here in the US. I've always loved the 4th of July. It was a holiday that my Dad insisted that we take when I was small - loading us all up for a picnic at the lake even though our farm crops were in full swing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cabine looks like Heaven to me, I would love time away. Just away.
    Think I Have homesick blues.
    Beautiful Beautiful

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!