Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Memory making without photos

I haven't posted all week!  We're on vacation at the coast with our family - both daughters, one son-in-law, and three grandchildren  - the other son-in-law couldn't get away from work and we miss him.   I love the quality time we've spent together this week although hubby is a little disappointed in the weather - seas are a little rough for fishing. 

On Monday, I took my little bag of needed things down to the beach with me - cameras included, but didn't think to take any pictures that day.  If I had, I would have noticed that the aerosol  sunscreen spray was leaking out all into my bag, virtually drowning my cameras.  My Flip Video was swimming in it and my wonderful Fuji memory maker was not quite so wet, but ruined.  I have insurance on the Flip,  but it started working again - not 100% but working.  The flip-out usb device has to be coaxed out now and the viewing screen is hazy, but it still makes the videos.  The Fuji is a complete loss.  At least the SD card that I had lots of pics stored on is ok.

This is one trip we'll just have to keep the memories stored in our hearts - to pull out and see in our mind's eye versus a real photo.  I think I can do that - these grandchildren grow so fast, so I'm holding on to all the memories I can. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are having such a lovely time with your family my friend. I expect it was just what you needed at this time. Such a pity about your cameras though. As you say, the grandchildren grow away so quickly. I can't believe that my best boy will be three tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!