Saturday, January 15, 2011

Gumby and Pokey ride again

Since I haven't written anything about the old South Beach diet in the last week, I'm sure everyone thinks I blew it.  I'm happy to report that I did not!  I have been true and blue and on this 12th day, I am eight pounds lighter - those old scales say I weigh 125 pounds - and they must be accurate because twelve days ago they said I weighed 133 pounds...... and if you believe that, I have some land in the desert that I'll be glad to sell you. 

But really - I am 8 pounds lighter - that's almost two five pound bags of sugar!  It's not that I can really see the difference that much...but I can feel the difference - and I can get into jeans that I had put in the back of the closet because they kept laughing at me each time I opened the door.  I'm sure they were amused that each time  I've put them on lately, I've had to wriggle and twist into shapes that would make Gumby jealous in order to get them zipped.  By the way, does anyone under 50 even know who Gumby is?   He was a little bendable, posaeble guy invented back in the 50's. Santa brought me Gumby & Pokey for Christmas one year.
But back to the jeans. They quit laughing tonight when I put them on - zipped right up without a struggle!

It's been a tough two weeks though.  Monday I can start eating a little more normally.  It's been hard giving up fruit, but now I can add it back, plus some whole grains.  The maintenance phase of the South Beach had been a lifestyle change for me for the last five years, but with traveling back and forth to the beach this past year, it got harder and harder to find the right kind of foods to eat on the go.  It's easy when you get the hang of it, because you're never hungry.

By the way, slim and fit Gumby looks like he can fit into about anything he tries on.  Just put him in a pair of jeans and a cowboy hat with a bend and a twist - place him astride Pokey, and away they go into the sunset.  He's an inspiration for me to do better -.I'm not as bendable as I used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!