Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Watering Can "Wreath" for Spring

I'm on a deadline to finish the third book in my Southern Grace Series and have had little time to use my penny-pinching style of decorating lately. I've been looking for a nice Spring wreath to put on my door but didn't want to pay the $50 price tag I've been seeing at the florists and lawn and garden shops, so I decided to make my own. I can't remember when I bought this red watering can but I'll lay odds that it was at our local flea market and I'm sure I didn't pay over $5 for it. It's been idly wasting time on a bottom shelf in my library, simply because it doesn't fit anywhere else. I do love vintage watering cans. They look great on garden benches outside and there's lots of ways you can use them indoors. I've used them on my sun porch intermingled with my potted plants. I have a good friend who has a large collection of them.

But this is no normal watering can. It's a half can - a large wall pocket - flat on the back. When the idea hit me, I started raiding some flower arrangements stored in my attic and came up with just enough seasonal stuff to make a nice Spring arrangement to hang from a wreath hanger to display on my front door. Just the look I was hoping for.

Happy Easter!











Thursday Favorite Things Button



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!