Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Mountains, Molehills and Miracles

Sitting out on the beach always inspires me to write, which is why in my beach bag of necessities, I always carry a pen and notebook. If I’m having a problem with writer’s block, the beach atmosphere suddenly clears it. If I’m seeking answers to a difficult situation, I usually find that the salt air and fresh sunshine make those difficulties seem less significant.

On our most recent trip there, I had the beach all to myself; not a soul was in sight, so it was inspiration without distraction, a rare thing indeed!

With every swell of a wave, then the subsequent crash that follows, I’m reminded of the mountains out of molehills I’ve made during my lifetime, and of the insignificance of those baby mountains that usually work themselves out with or without my interference. But God’s interference can work out even the worst of my molehills. How do we seek God’s interference? It’s a simple word with big consequences: prayer.

I believe that God has a plan for us, but Jesus’ words also give me a promise. A promise that He can change His plan if I sincerely petition Him to do so, not always in the exact way we ask, but who I am to say what's best? We've all experienced miracles in one way or another. I have experienced a few myself and they’ve always been the result of prayer. I’m trying to learn, through faith, to expect mountains of goodness and not to resign myself to molehills of pettiness. It's not always easy; those molehills can drag me down in an instant, without warning....until I remember to whom I belong.


“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28

1 comment:

  1. The beach and the sea do seem to have their own sense of solace, don't they, Glenda. I know several of us bloggies can have their souls uplifted just by being beside the sea. Good advice for us to always try to expect mountains of goodness. I think back over the years about things that I have worried unnecessarily about. What is it that they say, "worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles. It takes away today's peace."

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!