Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Breath of Spring


Good morning to my blogging friends! It's such a beautiful day in the Carolinas today, I thought I would share a few photos of Spring blossoms in our yard.



Above is a flowering cherry tree beside our house. I love to sit under it and look up at the cloud of white and pink blossoms - and it's fragrance is heavenly!



Picture above and below: I was checking out my rose bushes and noticed a splash of orange up underneath and behind one. I don't remember planting this. I think it's a tulip that has flattened out. If it is, it's much more beautiful this way than holding tightly to it's petals. Such a breath of sunshine hiding under a bush!




 Using my lens to get an upclose view of my neighbors flowering trees in her yard through my iron headboard "gate".


Can't remember what this little bush is called, but the flowers look a little like Baby's Breath.



And I love the wild violets that spring up everywhere in our yard.


The yellowbell bush.




I was hiding in the yellow bell bush, trying to sneak a peak at the pair of birds building a nest in this bluebird house. They certainly aren't bluebirds!


Got a great shot of this little guy with nesting material in her mouth! You can enlarge this last picture by clicking on it.  It's definitely Spring when the birds and the bees get busy.

Hope wherever you are, you're enjoying some nice Springtime weather too! Have a beautiful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Glenda, I just love your photos, all beautiful and particularly the last two shots. Spring is here at last :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, I was thrilled to get the closeup of the bird. They were very wary of me seeing that I had on a bright pink shirt in the midst of a yellow bell bush, lol.

      Delete
  2. Hi Glenda. So sorry I'm late to the party! My laptop is playing up. Lovely for me to see all the beautiful flowers and blossom in your garden. Lovely photos. We were doing well, until we had torrential rain again for about three days. Everything is very sodden under foot, as it is still so wet from the winter floods. Hopefully we have a lovely warm summer to look forward to. Blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a cold snap for the last few days and into the coming week. We had torrential rain yesterday, but should be clearing later today. We had a beautiful mild summer last year. Our summers are usually so blooming hot, you feel like you're going to melt. Blessings to you Diane. Hope the sunshine comes out soon for you!

      Delete

I love to hear your comments!