Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Finally!

I've been waiting for these to bloom - I divided these this past winter and they're slower blooming this year - but they're well worth the wait.  I love these Asiatic Lilies.  They do make a statement, don't they?  There's sixty or seventy blooms that haven't bloomed out yet.










Can you  spot something hiding in this photo?


It's Big Red hunkered down in the shade of the plants.

And Momma Hen is leading her little chicks to forage for food.
The timing was a bit off for the lilies since we're leaving tomorrow for the coast for a week.  They'll probably be all bloomed out when we get home.  If my neighbors want some fresh flowers for an arrangement, help yourself while I'm gone!  While you're at it, feed the chickens :)

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Glenda,
    Wow, Asiatic Lilies♡♡♡ Aren't they GORGEOUS!!!
    Thank you very much for the beautiful pictures. Big Red and others are cute as well.
    You made me smile a little with the message to your neighbor(*^_^*) 

    I am so sorry for my absence lately, my dear friend.
    Sending you Lots of LOVE and HUGS from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours there!

    Such a shame if you miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Glenda. What a stunning display of those Asiatic Lillies. Such a pity you will miss some of them whilst you head off to the coast again. Lovely to see the little chickens again. Haven't seen them for a while. Like Miyako, I love your message to the neighbours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh they are sooooo pretty.

    Great message to the neighbors.

    Have a fun fun time.

    Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how long does the flower bloom before it withers?

    portfolio optimization

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!