Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Quirky Chick Mix

Olive is still sitting on her eggs - it's been eleven days now so only two weeks to go to see what comes out of the nest.  Wonder what will happen when you take this:
Olive
and shake it up and mix it with this:
Olive's new beau
will you get something that looks like this:

photo of a mixed breed baby chick

and maybe grow up to look like this?
photo of a mixed cochin / polish hen
I'll let you know when (and if) they hatch.  The IF is because Olive has been known to sit on infertile eggs, but since I witnessed a brief romance, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see. That's a gorgeous roo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah!!!
    Please put the photoes on your blog♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. How marvellous if Olive is going to be a REAL mum this time round! Can't wait to see photos of the little chicks. Good luck Olive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH hopefully you can sing...'Here a chick, there a chick, everywhere a chick chick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I LOVE Chickens, They will be beautiful. I cant wait, crossing my fingers that she really is nesting. You are so blessed to have chicks, My husband says "You do not need chickens it is just something else to take care of"
    Like he knows. He grew up on Route 66. As in they are Irish and Scotch and we know Irish have bands of "travelers" (Gypsies)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love my chickens. They are unique little creatures. The rooster above is a father figure to all my bantams. When I feed them, he comes running first to see what I have - if it's something good, he'll start clucking for all the other chickens to come get some goodies. He waits until they finish before he eats. He's a sweetie. He's our oldest - at least 8 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had not realized how long it had been since I'd take the time to read your blog until I read about Olive sitting on eggs -- the last time I read your blog, Olive had disappeared and was presumed dead...so glad she had only "gone on vacation"!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!